There’s much celebration of Youth these days. CEOs in their twenties. Which is not a bad thing. But “Quarter Life Crisis”?
Let us not forget:
- Somerset Maugham wrote his last book at eighty-four.
- Verdi was still composing operas in his eighties.
- Grandma Moses painting in her eighties.
- Nola Ochs, the world’s oldest graduate at 95.
- George Bernard Shaw was writing plays in his nineties.
- Col Sanders started Kentucky Fried Chicken at 65.
- Peter Roget published Roget’s Thesaurus at 73.
- Laura Wilder wrote Little House on the Prairie series in her sixties