What is the healthcare sector?
To most, it includes hospitals, clinics and perhaps pharmaceutical firms that produce medicine. If you are a job seeker or an investor, then understanding the value chain of the healthcare sector, will help you make a more informed decision.
I love this industry map by Maia Strategy, one of the most comprehensive overview of the healthcare sector, although it does not include Medical Technology.
The infographic above by Maia Strategy though, does not include medical technology, which is a growing
Jobs in the sector
- Medical professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists)
- Allied Health Professionals (Occupational, Physio, Speech Therapists)
- Dietitians and Food Service Consultants
- Executive Management (e.g., CEO, CFO, CMO, CIO)
- Corporate Strategy
- Sales / Business Development
- Product Management
- Research & Development
- Finance/ IT
- Policy Makers & Regulators
- Key Association Members
- Financial Analysts
- Suppliers & Channel Partners
- Purchasing / Procurement Staff
- Supply Chain & Logistics Personnel
- Professional Services Consultants
Skills Framework for Healthcare sector
Singapore as gateway to Digital Healthcare in SEAsia.