Agency: ” Sir, we found 3 candidates as per your requirements. How do you want their placements, sir?”
MD: “Put about 100 bricks in a closed room. Then send the candidates into the room and close the door, leave them alone and come back after a few hours and analyse the situation:
1. If they are counting the bricks, put them in Accounts department.
2. If they are recounting the bricks, put them in Auditing.
3. If they messed up the whole room with the bricks, put them in Engineering.
4. If they are arranging the bricks in some strange order, put them in Planning.
5. If they are throwing the bricks at each other, put them in Operations.
6. If they are sleeping, put them in Security.
7. If they broke the bricks into pieces, put them in Information Technology.
8. If they are sitting idle, put them in Human Resources.
9. If they say they have tried different combinations yet not a single brick has been moved, put them in Sales.
10. If they have already left for the day, Put them in Marketing.
11. If they are staring out of the window, put them in Strategic Planning.
12. If they are talking to each other and not a single brick has been touched, Congratulate them and put them in Top Management.
(NB: Jokes I received. If you wrote these jokse, let me know and I will happily attribute you as source.)
Note to self
How useself are selection tools or profiling instruments in recruitment?