Are you up for a networking challenge?
15 suggestions for a 30 day challenge. Just pick ONE activity and do it consistently over a 30 day or 4 weeks period. Bite sized.
If you chose a weekly schedule, decide how many days you want to commit to the activity. Who is the organiser? Structure? Platform? Venue?
Move out of your habitual social comfort zone.
Fight your social filters of your usual cliques
1. Grab a coffee with a different colleague classmate everyday for next 30 days
2. Write a blog post 3 times a week for next 4 weeks
3. Share a Linkedin Post everyday for next 30 days
4. Coffee chat with a new person in a sector I want to pivot into, once a week for the next 4 weeks
5. Network for a social cause: start something. Use network to support a voice
6. Network around a problem: get a group of people who will help you solve a problem
7. Network to learn something: breakfast group that discuss “exchange rates” ( sthg for headlines).
8. Book club: discuss a book relevant to the industry of your choice
9. Network with your former colleagues
10. Network with your professional association
11. Network around a theme: eg visit the top attraction sites in Singapore
12. Around an idea: raise funds for …
13. IE-SMU Alumni group
14. Goal: Climb Mt Kinabalu in Malaysia, round a group to train together once a week
15: Goal: run a marathon – form a running group
1. What is my Goal
2. Who is in my community? What are their challenges?
3. How do I structure my networking: schedule, platform
3. My Buddy: accountability and feedback
4. Reflections: what have I learnt about myself
Photo and quote done by my 10 yr old niece. Desert is of course spelled with one “t”.